Back-End DeveloperVerifai is looking for a Back-End Developer to join the team.
Full-time · Groningen
Every month, tens of thousands of people verify their identity using Verifai's software and apps. Work with us on advanced and easy-to-use identity verification solutions (SDKs and APIs) that are trusted by international companies across many industries. As a Back-end Developer, you will implement the business logic for all interactions between our systems. You spend a lot of time working on existing and future APIs and helping to improve our dashboard, the environment where our customers get insights into completed verifications and generated invoices. A unique opportunity to develop yourself while contributing to the fight against global identity fraud!
What you will do as a Back-End Developer- You help translate business requirements into practical solutions.
- You help establish a sound and scalable architecture that our customers can rely on.
- You extend the reach of Verifai's platform by building APIs and services with the highest reliability and the best performance.
- You work independently on your own code, but you also spend time collaborating with others.
- You get the freedom to experiment with new technology in a dynamic and multidisciplinary team.
Who you are- You have preferably completed or are about to complete a higher technical degree or university degree with solid software knowledge.
- You have experience developing APIs and solutions in Django or other back-end frameworks (preferably Python), optionally with some experience in front-end work.
- You may have experience with CI/CD tooling like Docker and Kubernetes.
- You like to write clean, maintainable and scalable code for large-scale applications.
- You are eager to learn and develop yourself professionally.
- You have a good command of the English language.
What we offer- A good salary with good insurance and retirement benefits.
- All space for talent (experience the process from A to Z).
- Plenty of growth opportunities (make the difference from day 1).
- Unique and informal working atmosphere (weekly drinks and activities).
- Dynamic, multidisciplinary and young team (every contribution counts).
- All the stuff you need at home and in the office: a high-end PC with accessories and extra screens, noise-cancelling headphones, a good desk and a comfortable office chair.
- If desired, cross-functional work opportunities to develop you professionally.
About VerifaiIn 2016, the largest independent Dutch telecom retailer Belsimpel, internationally known as Gomibo, witnessed many cases of identity fraud and was eager to do something about it. The company looked for a simple, affordable and effective way of digital identity verification, but no solution checked all the boxes. Market incumbents used outdated techniques, were not innovative and above all not transparent. They decided to develop a solution themselves that could meet the rapidly evolving needs of today's fast-growing global companies.
In 2017, this culminated in a spin-off that was launched into the market under the name Verifai. Verifai’s identity verification platform is available for businesses of all sizes and is made to fit any use case seamlessly. Our mission is to make identity fraud a thing of the past. We want to achieve that by offering modular, easy-to-use and above all affordable solutions for identity verification so that our customers have a total understanding of the identity of their customers.
How we workAt Verifai, you will become part of a growing team of fanatical people who want to transform the identity verification market. Every day we work together on innovative solutions where we put the needs of our customers first. We have a culture of measuring, testing, experimenting and learning: everything to develop the best solution for the customer and to develop you personally. The team consists of a mix of students, recent graduates and experienced colleagues of different nationalities. Although we are a distinct entity from Belsimpel, we share the same resources. Our office is in the same building at the Grote Markt and have joint drinks and parties. The flat structure gives you a great deal of responsibility and you'll regularly discuss your findings with Jeroen & Jeroen, the founders of Belsimpel and Verifai. Furthermore, we don't use strict separation of functions, but adjust your day-to-day duties to your personal skills and preferences. Cross-functional work opportunities to develop yourself personally are therefore definitely possible!
We would like to invite you to work with us on fantastic products. Will you join us?
Apply nowWould you like to join our team as a Back-End Developer? Then we would love to hear from you!
QuestionsIf you have any questions, please contact Tim Pels Rijcken (Product Owner at Verifai) via email@example.com.
Are you still studying, but does this vacancy sound interesting to you? Then feel free to apply and mention that you are looking for a part-time position! We can certainly talk about this, so do not let the number of hours stop you. Of course, the work responsibilities will be adapted to your knowledge and skills.
We are also looking for many colleagues for other positions. Take a look at our list of vacancies or send us an open application if you don't know which position suits you best!